11.18.2013

Luke: Week 4...








4-week highlights:

  • We had a couple of bad nights last week.  Not horrible in the sense that he was unconsolable at night, just more of a problem getting him to fall back asleep.  Sometimes he sleeps so much during that day that he doesn't tire himself out enough to sleep well at night.  We are working on keeping him AWAKE in the evenings to try and prevent this!
  • During one particularly bad night, John resorted to driving him around town, and he fell asleep after about 10 minutes.  We are totally not above the late night drives to get our kids asleep.  Whatever works!
  • Luke will be 1-month old tomorrow and I take him to the doctor in 3 days.  I can't wait to see how much he weighs.  He is already looking so chubby and is getting rolls on his thighs.  So cute!
  • I've FINALLY been able to start walking again (it has been so long!) and am enjoying walking with Luke in the stroller to pick up Henry from preschool while Charlie stays at home with John during lunch.  I've done this twice and both times Luke fell asleep on the walk to get Henry at 11:15, and then slept until 1:30 in his car seat.  So great!
  • When I burp Luke, I usually lay him on my chest.  When I do this, he almost always crosses his little arms and rests his head on them like he's laying on a pillow.  It is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen!  I keep trying to figure out a way to get a good picture of this, but so far no luck.  Maybe it's meant to just be a special little moment to share with mom.  I'll take it.
  • We are loving this 3rd boy of ours.  He brings such joy to our family.

No comments: