9.07.2007

All about me...

Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.

1. Adding on to Julie’s fact about putting an A/C into her mustang…Julie and I laid the carpet in my ’68 Camaro. Julie manned the exacto knife, and I acted as carpet stretcher extraordinaire. Everything seemed to be coming along swimmingly, until the knife handler mishandled the knife and the carpet stretcher’s finger was gushing blood with no sign of coagulation. Despite the mishap, the skin eventually healed (as did the relationship between the knife wielder and the carpet stretcher).

2. When I was in kindergarten and learned about fire safety and fire escape routes I became CONVINCED that my house was going to burst into flames at any moment. I began to create a mental inventory of all of my special belongings: ski Barbie, my favorite blanket, my newest spin art T-shirt…In the midst of mental preparation I realized that my father was not interested in planning an escape route. This in turn strengthened my fears and the vicious cycle of worrying and preparation repeated itself often in my 6-year old brain. (I’ve always been a bit of an over-thinker, and the tune of this story confirms that this trait was present very early in life).

3. I am a Sound of Music fanatic.

4. Kelly and I took a trip to Washington D.C. after our freshman year of college. We stayed with her brother who served in the military and was assigned to the post of guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. While we were there Kelly and I were given the task of picking her brother up at the Ronald Reagan airport. The only vehicle that we had to carry out this duty was her brother’s pick up. Because it had a manual transmission I was the only one who could drive it. Kelly and I left feeling a bit unsure of our D.C. navigational skills. We were given directions by phone but no map, or back up plan. If we missed our exit we were basically screwed. If you know me and my driving style you know that I do not perform well under pressure. I like to leave ample room for lane changes and save nothing for last minute maneuvers. This excursion was a test of my abilities (can we say a quick exit from the middle lane?), but none-the-less we made it and carried out our transportation duties with great precision (and a whole lot of luck).

5. My favorite “eat out” dessert (besides my well-chronicled affinity for the Mike’s Pastry Cannoli) is a Dewar’s Strawberry Special, a strawberry banana milkshake with walnuts or almonds…heaven.

6. Once, while I was driving Denise and her friends home from summer basketball practice, I experienced an annoyance like no other. D & company decided it would be really funny to make obnoxious animal noises while I was driving. I threatened that if I heard those noises one more time I was going to pull over, kick them out of the car, and make them walk home...Yep, you guessed it, one of them had the guts to do it again, and they learned quickly that I make no empty threats. So, on Hageman Road, between Calloway and Jenkins, I pulled the Camaro over and kicked them out. Although I did a mean thing, I do have a heart…so I drove a short distance and then turned around and picked them up. Although they only walked for a few minutes, Denise managed to burn the bottom of her feet because she neglected to grab her shoes on the way out the door. Needless to say, there were no animal noises the rest of the way home.

7. I have been to all of the Major League Baseball stadiums in California (plus more minor league stadiums than I care to admit.)

8. I don’t really like to measure when I cook. A sprinkle, a dash, and a pinch…those are my kind of measurements.

Okay, now to tag people. Hmmm...Kelly and Gene, if you're into this, then you're it. If you're not, that's ok too.

2 comments:

kelly said...

I'll take your challenge! I need something to blog about anyway, how fortuitous.

Julie said...

very funny. I am glad the finger healed and it didn't do any lasting damage to the relationship.