10.21.2007

Another new project?

It's true...I have another project up my sleeve. This one will have to wait until after parent/teacher conferences, church sign-making, and weekend wedding festivities, but when the time comes, it will be quite the creative undertaking (at least for me, for those of you more experienced at these things, humor me). I will attempt to take the roll of foam you see below and turn it into a bench cushion for the seat by our front door. My dad had this roll of foam lying around his shop, so I thought I would try and put it to use. I will cut three equal sections and glue them one on top of the other using spray adhesive and then hopefully it will create a firm, yet perfectly smooshy, cushion. After the cushion is endorsed by John I will sew it a cover and possibly use buttons to increase the comfort level. I will keep you posted on my progress.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Katie, you are as crafty as can be! I have seen my mom do such a project before, and I have full confidence in you. What color will it be?

Jenny said...

You might try wrapping the foam in batting for a better effect before upohlstering it.

Katie said...

Jenny, I like the batting idea, I was thinking it might be kind of an odd feeling to sit on that much foam.

As far as the color Kelly, I found this fabric that has small, understated alphabet letters on it (cream background with black letters) so I was thinking I would use that and then maybe use a red piping or something like that to spice it up. That's what I'm thinking right now, but I have been known to change my mind.