5.15.2008

Deck: Day 2

It's poured. I think we're done. Well, almost. We can't technically walk on it until tomorrow, but that's just a minor detail...right.

Here she is in all her grey glory



Our steps...these were pretty much the bane of my existence throughout the entire deck planning process. I was concerned about where to put them, and then once I decided on location I had this great fear of placing them too close to the garage. Overall, I think they turned out nicely, maybe not what I would have chosen if it weren't for space constraints, but nice none-the-less. I plan to put a few flower pots on the edges to lessen that very flat wall behind them.

The view towards the backyard (I was pleased with the spacing between the step and the garage. Plenty of walking room. Bullet dodged.)


Me telling John all of my ideas. Apparently I like to talk with my hands.


"Quick, wet cement, what should we do?!"
We opted to NOT put our face print in it as is evidenced from our initials above. Sorry for the disappointment.


Our initials in context

2 comments:

Casey said...

Excellent post...loved the face print comment...you guys totally should've done it...side by side face prints...Michael Scott would be proud.

Olive Oyl said...

It looks great Katie!!!