6.26.2008

Bakersfield Antiquing...

Jenny and I met downtown today to do some antique shopping. We found lots of exciting things, and even saw some of our old playthings labeled as "antiques". (We used to ride these scooters that had these big wheels, Jenny's was turquoise, Julie & I each had red ones, because of course, ours had to be the same color, and Denise had a lime green one...we l-o-v-e-d them at the time, but now apparently, they are antiques...we're old). Either way, I snapped some pictures of some of the things that I loved. The old Woolworth's building is amazing and has really great stuff!

An old church pew

I almost got that rusty yellow metal container that says "Wellingthons" but, decided against it.


We loved how this cabinet was painted green inside


This old freight elevator was amazing. We were allowed to take it because we had Ryan's stroller with us, and it would have been too difficult to take the stairs. The 2 steel doors pulled apart, and then there was a metal gate that pulled up, and then you stepped inside. Very old and very cool.


Ugh...I loved this light fixture, and for only $12, it would have been a steal, but I literally have NOWHERE to put it.


These 2 lanterns were just cute


Here's Jenny's baby, Ryan (well not really a baby...)


And, here's my baby.
This green milk jug was calling my name. I'll put umbrellas, yard sticks, and anything else tall in it that I can find. Isn't it great!


After the antique stores we ate at a local favorite, Happy Jack's. Neither of us had ever been, but we knew that they are well known for their Pie 'n Burgers, so we dined on both and were not disappointed.

3 comments:

Sra. Brooks said...

Surely you could MAKE a place for a light fixture that cheap and cute. And I love that you went to Happy Jacks...nothing beats a cheeseburger and pie.

Jenny said...

Katie, thanks for taking great pictures of our day. I had a great time!

Olive Oyl said...

Oh, that little light fixture would be darling in a little girl's bedroom or bathroom someday...

I'm just saying... :)