6.03.2008

San Francisco part XI...Alameda Flea Market!

We saved the best part of our trip for last. The Alameda Antiques and Collectibles Faire was amazing! Some of the best vintage items I have ever seen in my life. 4 hours wasn't nearly long enough. I've included pictures of some of the items that caught my eye. Please note that the pictured items are not necessarily purchased items. I will follow this post with another tomorrow profiling my purchases. Here are the highlights from the faire...







Um, yeah, nothing less than 20 years old...I was in heaven. I love old stuff!





Browsing


Loved these vintage cloth children's books. Some of the vendors used pages from these books and sewed them onto the front of pillows, which were bordered by blue and white ticking. Lovely.


Old feedsacks given new life as pillow covers




Love these!


I thought of my dad when I saw this table. He would have loved this. I think my fondness for old and forgotten items comes from him.


Metal porch gliders are a secret obsession of mine. I'd love to have one.


You already know my thoughts on these.


Nice.


I almost bought this stool for the kitchen, but John pointed out that the jagged edges on the feet of the stools would have badly damaged our hardwood floors. (I hate it when he's practical...and right.)


This wonderfully creative lady took vintage table linens and turned them into clothes. Brilliant!


More table linen clothes


Miscellanea


Love this. It would look fantastic on a patio.


I've realized I'm a huge fan of metal baskets of any kind




Street curiosities


Inspiration bags (I don't think some of that fabric was 20 years old, but I wasn't going to tell)


These were super creative. The man who made them took an old chair leg and used it for the tool box handle and then used various hardware as decoration on the edge. Ingenious.

Heaven.


More letters.


Vintage typewriter keys




The place was packed.


Loved these two old people. The man hooked up his shopping cart to his wheelchair thing and was towing his stuff to the car.


Sigh. It had to end sometime.


John was a trooper. He let me indulge myself for four hours. Lucky for him there was a both that specialized in vintage Sports Illustrated Magazines. I think this helped pass the time.


The parking lot has a great view of the city.
*I can't wait to go back!*

3 comments:

Toni said...

That place looks so fun! Definitely worth a trip back.

Olive Oyl said...

That place looks amazing! I was dieing over the vintage linens, my aunts collects them, and I LOVE them! I don't think I really "collect" anything, besides various monograms, but seeing your pictures it makes me so want to start a collection of something deliciously vintage and unique. You are one lucky gal to have your husband indulge you for five minutes, let alone four hours! :)

Jimmie said...

Is that where they film some of the segments for Mythbusters?