9.17.2008

Oh G. Sue...

...she never ceases to surprise us.


Last week she moved herself into a luxury retirement community and put her house up for sale, all without consulting her 5 daughters. I talked to her tonight and she told me, "When you know it's right, you just have to go with it." Apparently.
She loves her new 2-bedroom apartment & has already decorated it (of course). She says the food & recreational activities are fantastic (she's already spent some time dancing with a visiting "disc jockey") and she loves that they take her to all of her doctor's appointments.
Her new home is "just like a hotel" she says...except that they don't use cloth napkins & their white placemats are made of paper. Otherwise, it's pretty posh apparently.
Either way, she called me tonight to tell me that her gentleman neighbor was looking to get rid of some "lovely barstools" that would be a perfect match to my front door. I had to decline the offer, but was happy that my grandma thought of me when her neighbor's needed to unload some of their stuff.
Oh, G. Sue...how we love you.

1 comment:

Toni said...

That is so funny! She is definitely an independent woman!