10.24.2008

Nursery planning is underway...

I went to Strawberry Patches today and assured John I would not buy anything. I was merely planning to go and browse and begin developing a master plan for the nursery's color scheme. I knew I wanted something vintage & colorful (muted colors, not of the pastel or primary variety), but I wasn't sure how I wanted to put everything together...

Well, of course, as is always the case at Strawberry Patches, I found exactly what I was looking for in the form of a quilt kit based on moda's 1974 by Urban Chicks collection. I assumed I was going to have to gather the fabric I loved slowly and allow myself time to figure out exactly what I wanted, but this kit was a very pleasant surprise. The kit however, included a blue and green border & binding that I wasn't keen on for the nursery, so the lovely ladies in the store went to the back and found an extra kit with a perfect blue border & binding, and the deal was sealed. I found myself a nursery color scheme, almost as if by chance. So, needless to say, I did not keep my word to John, but a serendipitious find cannot be passed up. I'm sure he'll understand.

The fabric & quilt pattern
(I've never made a quilt before, but I'm counting on the fact that my Grandma Net will be able to teach me :)

The lights

the darks

5 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

You will make a beautiful quilt. With all the other things you have sewn, this will be a snap! Can't wait to see it.

Jenny said...

I love that fabric! I bought one of their fat quarter packs a few weeks ago. I really like the big print with the peacock feathers on it as well as the gray with polka dots.

Toni said...

I cant wait to see what you create! The fabric is very cute, but not too cutsie. perfect!

Olive Oyl said...

I can't wait to see what you have in store with that fabric. Ahhh... nursery decorating is so much fun... and finding the treasures to give it just the right look is the best part!

Christa Wiens said...

Love it! My first quilt was made for my first child and I treasure it.