11.05.2008

Night of Hospitality...

Last Saturday night, my parent's church (and the church I grew up in) hosted their 5th annual "Night of Hospitality". Each hostess decorated their own table and invited up to 7 other ladies to join them for the evening. We ate dinner & listened to a trio of talented harpists. It was fun, and especially fun to spend an evening with my mom's 4 sisters & G. Sue. That doesn't happen very often.




Aunt Joan (#4), Aunt Kaylen (#2), Aunt Jan (#5), G. Sue, mom (#1), and Aunt Jill (#3)
(Oh, and they're all wearing animal print because my mom's table was African themed...Denise & I did not get that memo.)
Because my mom and her 4 sisters (yes, 5 girls) look nothing alike, she prayed ferverently that her children would have strikingly similar appearances. I think God answered her prayer, although I don't necessarily see it...

1 comment:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Oh my! Denise looks so much like your aunt Jan! I don't think I have ever met your mom's sisters before. Looks like you had a great time!