1. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
2. I like to use yogurt on my bread instead of butter sometimes.
3. I check my alarm clock at least 3 times before I actually will allow myself to fall asleep (OCD?)
4. I graduated from high school in the year 2000.
5. This is the 8th birthday that I have celebrated with John...
6. and my 4th birthday as his wife.
7. I really do like watching basketball games.
8. When I rode the bus home from RBG I was always ultra-paranoid about missing my bus stop...I never allowed myself to lose focus while riding.
9. I love cooking in the winter...not so much the summer. (I should probably get over this at some point).
10. I alphabetize my spices (thanks mom for the idea :)
11. I love my grandmas.
12. I'm a really terrible present wrapper...it always seems like I should be good at it, but I'm not.
13. I'm obsessed with projects: home, garden, sewing, whatever.
14. I love to read...although I'm not so much into fiction, but I'm working on it.
15. My favorite home decor store is anthropologie.
16. My favorite color is green.
17. I love old houses.
18. I like to write...but not creative writing, I like the physical act of writing. Filling out forms is actually relaxing & enjoyable to me.
19. John is smarter than I am, but I got better grades in college than he did.
20. I have never broken a bone.
21. I really don't care for frogs, although I've come along way. Apparently my Grandpa Ken scared me with one when I was younger & the rest is history.
22. I used to want to be an architect. This was largely due to the fact that I went through a phase where I spent quite a bit of time designing floorplans for houses. I'm not sure I ever actually exited that phase...
23. The Alameda Flea Market is one of my absolute favorite places to go.
24. Farmer's Markets are fantastic.
25. I am obsessed with the public library, as has been well chronicled on this blog.
26. I have terrible allergies, but thankfully, they have managed to remain under control throughout the pregnancy thus far.
27. My 27th year will bring with it many firsts: a child, a new role as mother, and the ending of a full-time job. This will be the first time that I have not been working or in school since the 5th grade...it will surely be very strange. Despite the sacrifices, I'm looking forward to it.