12.30.2008

My first quilt...

I have officially started working on my first quilt. I spent a total of 4 hours at my Grandma Net's house and, dare I say, got quite a bit accomplished. It's turning out even better than I expected. Here's my progress so far...

The layout

The first 4 columns complete

The cutting table

Grandma's Bernina (I love this machine!)

Grandma's Iron (She bought one that doesn't have an automatic shut-off, which is really nice for sewing projects)

Grandma's Workstation

The first 6 columns

Up close

Up close #2

Up close #3

My view downwards...
I was telling my grandma how this belly just seemed to be getting in my way while I was trying to layout my pieces on the floor & manipulate 45 degree angles on my rulers. She wisely told me that the belly is less of a sewing distraction than a child will be come April. I think she might be right :)

3 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Katie: I love the pattern you picked out, and all the fabric. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the belly! Hope you're enjoying your Christmas vacation.

Anonymous said...

The quilt looks very cute! Can you tell share where one might find that pattern or how you went about picking the pattern out?

Thank!