1.07.2009

MCC apron fabric...

This year at SMBC we are trying something new. The MCC Sale is rapidly approaching and we were feeling a bit lackluster about some of the handmade offerings. Not because the quilts weren't beautiful, because they are, but mostly because we feel like there aren't many small handmade items available for purchase by those with less of a padded pocketbook (namely the younger generation, of which I consider myself a part). So, with the idea that we wanted to help expand their offerings, we decided to make a few small items (aprons, tote bags, baby booties, etc.) to send to the sale to be placed in the Silent Auction. It is an experiment to be sure, but we hope it is one that will bear much fruit for MCC. Either way, I'm excited to be a part of it. Hopefully it will be a huge success.

I was placed in charge of purchasing the fabric for the aprons (tough job, I know ;) So, I found myself pondering color combinations in Strawberry Patches last Saturday, and I'm loving what I found. Here they are:

Half apron
Half apron

Full apron (w/ large red ric rac)

Full apron (w/ large black ric rac)
Come join us at the sale on Friday, April 3rd & Saturday, April 4th...you won't be disappointed.
(I just hope baby Wiebe isn't too early, otherwise I will be the one missing out on the festivities...)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I really like the full apron with red ric rac trim.

Julie said...

very cute fabric choices!

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl. If you ever want a job at SP you're hired. Great job putting those fabrics together!

Jamie said...

I will definitely be looking for these! And let me know how I can help (do you go to Reedley to sew at the store?)...I'm getting to the point with my kids that I can get a little sewing in here and there!