3.04.2009

Happy Birthday John...


28 facts to commemorate his 28 years:


1. John's favorite non-basketball related activity: keeping score at every baseball game he attends.


2. He loves peanut butter & chocolate...he is his mother's son.


3. He took close to 500 pictures of Fenway Park on our tour in 2007.


4. He always brings in everything from the car after a road trip...and I'm glad, because I really hate doing it.


5. He hates the colors orange & black for 2 reasons, both involve rival sports teams.


6. His favorite dessert is eclaire.


7. He refuses to let me buy him clothes & insists that they be given to him as Christmas presents.


8. He loves Flight of the Conchords.


9. We have been to 3 Dave Matthews Band Concerts together.


10. He's been to Spring Training in Arizona...thrice.


11. ...and the Fall League once.


12. His purest form of laughter comes when he is around his cousins.


13. He has been known to consume a dozen cookies in one sitting...and not gain a single pound.


14. He loves to play aerobie.


15. He's never beat me in a game of Speed...at least that's how I remember it.


16. He alway likes to play by the rules...always.


17. He hates cats...especially my parents' cat, Kinky.


18. He is convinced that if we ever get an animal it will develop some sort of rare disease and end up costing us millions of dollars simply because I became attached to it.


19. Go Dodgers.


20. The Dodgers won the World Series the year his dad was born (1955) and the year he was born (1981). If this baby is a boy there will be some additional pressure placed on the Dodgers this season.


21. One word: Kentos.


22. Coffee Ice Cream and m&m's


23. John has not eaten anything from Taco Bell since Valentine's Day, 2001


24. John has not thrown up since Thanksgiving Day, 1995


25. Prior to John's sports obsession (which started pretty young) he loved anything related to rodeo.


26. There was a period of time in John's life (I believe this was prior to his school age years...but I may very well be wrong) when John wanted to wear nothing but shirts with numbers on them...as in jersey numbers.


27. John used to sell his mom "tickets" to watch him play his baseball card games on the floor of his bedroom.


28. John once played Charlie in his 2nd grade class's production of "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory."


Happy Birthday John!

3 comments:

Cheeziemommie said...

#5 Made me chuckle! My mom was Tilly the Tiger when she was in high school but then my sister whent to SHS LOL The most intense rivalry that I've ever seen LOL And of course those stinky Giants!
There were several of those facts about your hubby that made me smile and think of my own :) Except that I would have to come up with 31 facts! OY! Happy Bday to your husband!!!

Anonymous said...

--
awesome.

happy birthday john.

Olive Oyl said...

hilarious.

is John like totally Seinfeld with the throwing up thing!? Better not eat a Black and White cookie!

And John so cannot be related to Jill if he hasn't had Taco Bell in that long. I think part of Jill and my best friendedness is based on our mutual love of that restaurant. Amazing.

Happy birthday, John!