3.11.2009

sleeping issues...

So I had my first shower last weekend. Up until this time I had planned on using the pack 'n play below as a bassinet...

Once I received this gift and set it up, I realized that I was sadly mistaken. This thing is huge and takes up a large portion of our living room. Being the clutter-phobe that I am, I knew this would never do for me. So, after much financial soul-searching, I called my mom and told her that I was going to have to invest in a bassinet, but I only wanted to invest in the most compact version possible.

A few hours later, I opened my email and discovered that my mom had found the ideal bassinet for me online. It folds up, people! (Hardly any of the ones I've seen do that). This is indeed a bassinet after my own heart...and it looks pretty darn cute & simple to boot.

So, being the planner ahead that my mom is (I am her daughter) she decided to invest in the bassinet herself and keep it for all of her future grandchildren to share. Baby Wiebe just gets to be the first. So, thanks be to mom for this sweet & simple bassinet that is already on order. We can't wait until it arrives.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it doesn't fold up on your baby!

JHNickodemus said...

That's pretty cool! It seems so simple...or "duh" ish...sort of why have so many more complicated versions when there's something so classic!

Olive Oyl said...

That is so, so cute. And what a fun tradition for your mom to start. Swee'Pea and all the other grandkids in our family pass around the cradle that Popeye and all his siblings slept in as babies! So special.

EEEK! Shower time = almost baby time! Yeah! :)