4.23.2009

Another day, another walk...

My current morning routine consists of getting up with John, making him breakfast, reading the paper, making the bed, checking email, and then going on a walk. I've come to enjoy my morning walks. They are a luxury not often afforded to the average working woman. The weather is cool enough to be enjoyed, I can hear the consistent chime of the high school bells, and even the birds seem to sing a bit louder & more spirited during this hour. It's an oft-overlooked indulgence, I think. One I'd highly recommend, in fact...
Walks require walking shoes (although I've been known to journey forth in my reef sandals on occasion), and mine are shown above. If you look carefully you might notice that my laces are not tied, but rather knotted to stay in place. Pregnancy seems to have created a bit of "puffy feet syndrome" for me and, unfortunately, this means that I can no longer tie these shoes. The knots work just fine though.

4 comments:

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I totally just came to the computer specifically to see if there were any "katie updates." Hope your walk was great. The weather looks beautiful.

Katie said...

Lots of updates, just nothing related to the baby yet, unfortunately. I figure I better keep posting, otherwise people might jump to conclusions. Hopefully soon...

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Ha ha! So true! Or in my case I'll just call Jenny! I think she and I are both on the edge of our seats for you! )

Toni said...

I wish I had more morning walks too. I love those Saturday mornings in our neighborhood when the weather is perfect and you are bound to see someone you know.