4.05.2009

Last Day of School...

It finally happened. I had my last day of work. April 3rd seemed so far away when my principal & I penciled it into our calendars many months ago, but now it has come and gone, and here I am, free of classroom obligations for the remainder of the school year. It was a bittersweet day. Bitter because I was leaving the class & coworkers that have grown to mean so much to me, yet sweet because the closing of this chapter of my life means that I will be starting a new one in a few short weeks (or days?).

My class had a very lovely baby shower/good-bye party for me to commemorate the occasion. They wrote notes to baby Wiebe, took pictures, ate cake, and brought me many presents. I received many books, a number of sweet little onesies, and other newborn odds & ends. On their way out the door I performed the requisite desk food check (to ensure that no food molds over Spring Break. Only one discovery. An orange...from Christmas. yuck ;) I received many a hug on the way out the door and even a spirited cheer from the 5th & 6th grade lunch crowd that gathered around me as I walked out the gate to load my gifts in my car. Kids sure can make you feel special sometimes...

I allowed 2 girls to use my camera to take pictures of the shower activities. The picture below is of me with the handmade card the class made. It says "We will miss you Mrs. Wiebe". Unfortunately though, along with the top of my head, the bottom of the card didn't quite make it into the picture. Not too bad for 5th grade photographers though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHERE S THE 38 PIC?