4.09.2009

Rebirth of the brown chair...

It's back...finally. Our local upholsterer finished it yesterday and called John while I was out at lunch with coworkers. Being the gem that he is, he drove down and picked it up amidst the ominous rain clouds. Not only did he pick it up, but he drove to the atm to pick up cash to pay for it, as I had the checkbook with me. When I arrived home from lunch, John had unloaded and set it up, just as you see below. He didn't utter a word about it, so when I walked into the room to show my mom the crib skirt, I let out a gasp and was elated with his stealth set-up & delivery (and, of course, the chair made me a tad happy as well).

Overall, I am very pleased. I was warned about this particular upholsterer's thread choice, and those warnings were indeed true. The entire chair was sewn with turquoise thread...crazy I know. Luckily, all of the seams on the chair are hidden, so this is not obvious. Until, of course, you examine the chair skirt. It's surprisingly not very noticeable, so it doesn't bother me. It mostly just makes me laugh, as does most everything else about our dear upholsterer. Our brown chair has now become the brown striped chair (with turquoise thread ;).



Check out that turquoise thread

View from the door

The best seat in the house

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I think the chair looks great. At least brown and turquoise look good together anyway.

Anonymous said...

WOW! ALL YOU NEED IS BABY WEEBEE AND THE ROOM WILL BE COMPLETE. IF YOU ARE IN A CLEANING MOOD, THAT IS A GOOD SIGN, MAYBE BABY WEEBEE WILL BE A EASTER BABY, THAT WOULD BE SWEET.

Toni said...

The chair looks great!

Olive Oyl said...

Katie. AMAZING. It looks great. I wish I had an old chair to recover!!! This is SO awesome!

And am I just completely clueless about thread? I mean, what other color thread would you use besides turquoise for a brown chair?! Hm. :)

JHNickodemus said...

I think he was trying to match it to your curtain ties.

Sharon said...

I love the chair and can't wait to rock our new grandbaby in it!