4.21.2009

Today's Task: zwiebach...

In an effort to coax baby Wiebe from the womb, I decided to overlook all of the classic recommendations...curb walking, castor oil, spicy food, etc. and try something a bit different. You see, every good Mennonite comes a running when they smell zwiebach baking. Assuming that this child will indeed be a good Mennonite (how can he/she not?) I figured the powerful yeast-filled aroma swirling around the kitchen today would surely rouse the little one from its prenatal slumber...We'll see if my efforts pay off. (Recipe found here)









7 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie, those are some mighty fine looking zwiebach. You realize that every year at the relief sale I have to find someone to make a few dozen zwiebach for sale at the very beginning of the auction on Friday evening. Are you trying to throw your hat into the ring? I'm accepting nominations. We are looking forward to learning about the debut appearance of your baby. Your pictures make me think about hands which in turn cause me to reflect that hands can be used for kneading, passing, and caring.

Sharon said...

Wow! They look great. Just think about how much better they will be when you can actually reach the kitchen counter while you are baking!

Olive Oyl said...

My son is addicted to Zweibach and I think he literally ate 2 dozen himself within a few days of me making them during Spring Break. Little Wiebe is FOR SURE going to come out now!!! :)

Julie said...

You shaped them rather well- they look like ziebach! My shaping skills still need work. I need to practice more. Good job!!

JHNickodemus said...

I'd come running! Yum!

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Hey Katie.... can today's task (Wed.) be HAVING A BABY? :) Glad to see you are still in great spirits don't appear to be too uncomfortable.

So excited for you, and the zwiebach look yum!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I just started Weight Watchers so this was cruel and unusual punishment for me. I could almost smell them through my computer screen.

I bet Baby Wee Bee can smell them too. Just a matter of time...