11.25.2009

30 weeks...


With stuffed animal:


30-week highlights:
  • Henry loves to stand, that's all he really wants to do. Unfortunately, he is unable to do this on his own, so John and I are doing a lot of finger holding these days.
  • After I change Henry's diaper I always put him in his crib sitting on his bottom with a toy, while I deal with his diaper. In the last week he has discovered how to grab onto the crib railing and pull himself onto his knees. When I walk into the room after he's done this, he always gives me a great big grin...obviously proud of what he has just accomplished. We probably should lower his crib mattress pretty soon.
  • Nights are fairly unpredictable. One night he'll hardly wake at all, the next he'll wake multiple times but put himself back to sleep, and then the next he'll cry for a very long time and then we'll cave and either feed him (me) or rock him back to sleep (John). We're hoping that the emergence of teeth will help ease some of his teething pain, and hopefully bring easier nights. One can always hope.
  • Our nap routine seems to finally be resonating with Henry. I always take him into his room, turn off the lights, turn on the humidifier, and his music. Then I either read to him or just stand up and rock him a bit. Usually by this point he recognizes that it is indeed nap time and his body relaxes and he lays on my shoulder (this doesn't happen every time, of course, but it seems to be happening more and more often). This is one of my favorite times of the day.
  • Henry has become a bit disinterested in his jumper, but instead prefers to roll around on the floor.
  • Henry's current favorite toys are: a battery-less remote, sweatshirt strings, cords, magazines, shoelaces, towels, socks, the edge of any rug, and spoons. I don't know why we even own any baby toys, he certainly isn't interested in them.
  • Henry got to watch his dad coach his first basketball game of the season today. We were all excited about this.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man I can't believe how big he is already. I must say I am having Henry withdrawals, I'm almost positive Auntie Denise has seen him more in the last couple weeks than I have!

Unknown said...

Read my blog. stories. its inspiring.. enjoy reading. i will update it every day. this is my first time making blogs..