2.27.2010

Picnic lap mats...

...these were given as a wedding present, and I have to admit...I secretly wanted to keep them for myself. They turned out super cute, and now I think I just might make a set for my family! These are picnic lap mats. Basically they are rolled up placemats with a pocket to hold your eating utensils. They protect your clothes from crumbs and spills as well as making your picnic feel completely special and unique. I used the pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's book, Simple Sewing, and was completely happy with my result. My mom gave me 4 pairs of my dad's old work jeans, so I used that as the outer fabric, along with a patchwork strip to keep things interesting, and the inner fabric was a neutral striped linen. I thought the old jeans added a nice touch and brought a healthy dose of durability to the project. Very fun. There will be more of these in my future to be sure.





3 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

I'm really liking your fence photography!

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are great. And Jessie is right, your fence photography is very creative!

Colette said...

Katie -- You just continue to impress me with your creativity! I love seeing your works of art -- and you always inspire me to get crafty myself.