3.20.2010

Henry's Felt Playhouse (part 1)...

For Henry's 1st birthday I've decided to make him a felt playhouse that will go over our card table. And before anyone thinks I'm clever and original, it should be known that this is definitely NOT something I came up with on my own. I saw the idea here first awhile ago and absolutely loved it. Since then I've perused etsy and found this seller who makes the cutest felt playhouses ever. So, with plenty of inspiration, I've taken the plunge and have started on Henry's. I've never done much with felt, but boy is it fun!


The mailbox flap opens & closes and the flower pot on the lower left will hold felt flowers that will be able to be picked. The door is sewn on at the top so that it hangs closed but can easily be crawled through. I may add a few things to the front, but for the most part, I'm considering this project 1/4th of the way done. I'll be starting on the next side while John watches NCAA tournament games.

3 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Can I send you some flowers for his yard? :) Ps. Di-Cut machines (like the kind school districts have in their work rooms, hint hint) cut felt beautifully!

betsy said...

AWESOME! Katie, so fun!! Henry will love it. I love seeing your projects. :)

Katie said...

And Jessie, YES, you most definitely may send some flowers for Henry's yard! And, the di-cut machine tip is a great one. I never would have thought of that on my own. Thanks!