5.26.2010

A day in the life...

I want to remember my current "normal". It seems like normal changes so often with a little one around, so I thought I'd make a conscious effort to document my entire day. Probably won't be interesting to anyone else but me, but that's ok.

So, here it is...my day:

6:00am (because that's when Henry woke up today)- We almost always start our days with smoothies (bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, strawberries, blackberries, milk, granola, and spinach)...



6:45- Henry "reads" while I clean up the kitchen and John gets ready for work (he's not always so easily entertained, but we were fortunate this morning)...


7:45- Pork tri-tip in the crock pot for dinner...


7:45- John leaves for work...


8:00- Daddy's gone, so I try and do a few things at the table while I attempt to teach Henry how to color. He preferred to bite off the crayon tips. This didn't last long...


8:15- I get ready while Henry plays with everything under the bathroom sink...


Lately, he's been obsessed with putting my headbands around his neck, silly boy!


10:15- play outside (we've already been to a friend's house & back...just no pictures of that)...


10:45- Prepare lunch & part of tonight's dinner...


10:50- Henry gets a snack (leftover smoothie) and falls asleep in the high chair...


11:15- John gets home for lunch...


1:00- Naptime for Henry


1:00- Playtime for mommy :) But first I have to clean up the family room...

BEFORE


AFTER

1:10- Work on quilt...


4:00- Henry wakes up from his nap (3 hours...yeah!)


4:15- We take a walk to Grandpa Bob & Grandma Sharon's because we hadn't seen them in awhile...




6:00- Dinner (Pork tacos)


6:30- Play outside...



6:45- Daddy's home! Let the wrestling begin...


7:30- Bathtime with daddy...



7:45- Story with daddy...


7:46- Night nursing with mommy (it's the only feeding we have left!) Good night to Henry!

2 comments:

shelly said...

nice idea, it will be fun too look back on someday, looks like you had a good day but you forgot to put in all the chasing,crying, picking up after, catching him before he falls, taking things out of the mouth, crying, washing, changing, pooy diaper cleaning, crying did I metion crying......next time lets make it more realistic....just kidding;-)

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

Three hour nap! That's great to hear since I think I'm experiencing the nap time trouble that you went through a few weeks back. Good to know it gets better... I'm exhausted!

Oh, and it never ceases to amaze me how much bigger Henry is than my twins, and how much more he does! Elsie and Eli are still crawling and standing, but surely no walking in our near future!