There are just so many things to report this month! Hopefully I'm remembering everything. Friends & family feel free to add to my list if you think of things that I forgot :)
- I have officially weaned Henry. I started the weaning process when he turned one and was determined to proceed with a great amount of care and gentleness. My goal was to move slowly, at a pace that was comfortable for both Henry and me. I think it was a successful weaning transition. It's hard to believe that I am no longer a nursing mother!
- I think we can officially proclaim month 13 as the "month of the book". Henry LOVES books. He will pick a favorite from his shelf and bring it to us and crawl into our lap as we read. It is really quite precious.
- Henry loves basketball hoops. My Grandma Net has a small hoop and ball that Henry grabs every single time he goes to her house.
- Henry loves to go to the high school gym with John. He loves to run around and chase the basketball while he's there.
- Whenever Henry hears a car engine he waves. He could be completely engrossed in something else, but as soon as he hears a car start his hand flaps up and down. He also waves when he is finished with something like food or a book.
- Henry's naps are still unpredictable. Lately he's been in need of a nap around 9:30am, but that will be the only nap he takes all day...I'm hoping he outgrows this phase soon.
- Henry is talking quite a bit. His voice inflection mimics our conversational tone. He says the words "bah" (ball), "mama" & "dada".
- Henry loves to eat: smoothies, pears, any dessert, graham crackers, peanut butter, popsicles, yogurt, & blueberries. He's not much of a meat or vegetable eater at this point.
- When we ask Henry if he wants to go outside he runs to the door and tries to open it.
- When you say "where is Henry" he points to himself and has just begun to point to mommy & daddy on command.
- When we ask Henry if he wants to play in his playhouse, he will open the ottoman and pull out his playhouse cover. Very cute.
- Henry still loves to be outside.
- Henry likes to help me water my garden & pick my tomatoes. When he picks the tomatoes he likes to take a big bite out of them and then spit it out.
- Henry is a happy boy and we just love him to pieces!