I think my bed pillows are finally done. Yeah!
I had originally purchased this pillow from Target, but for $25 I decided that I'd rather apply that money to fabric, so the pillow was returned. I made my own version...and quite like the way it turned out. To make the rosettes I sewed a fabric tube and then haphazardly shoved the tube underneath my presser foot in a somewhat circular formation. Super fun!
The back (the patchwork strip in the middle was unintentional...I cut my backing fabric too small so I had to add an additional 2 inches to make it work. Turned out cute though!):
The front (I LOVE THIS FABRIC!):
The back of the pillow turned out fantastically! I used small scraps to make the bunting, and used a leftover piece of yellow Amy Butler fabric to make a pocket. I'm thinking that I will make a pocket pillow for every bed in our house, then we can use them as little mailboxes and leave little surprise notes for each other. I think that will be fun when Henry starts to draw & write.
Pillows en masse:
What was happening while I was trying to take pictures of the pillows: