12.07.2010

Our Christmas trees...

We opted not to put up our regulation size Christmas tree this year. Quite frankly, John hates everything Christmas tree related. Real...fake...it doesn't matter, all a Christmas tree means to him is lots of extra work during the busiest time of basketball season. So, I decided that I would take over all Christmas tree set up duties. Which means, I went out and purchased 3 small trees (2 ft, 3 ft, and 4 ft) and created a small little Christmas forest for us to enjoy this year. It's perfect for us, I think. Plus, they were super easy for me to put up, and should be easy to take down as well. So, here's to our Christmas compromise...

Oh, and I decided not to even put up on the ornaments. Henry is a ball throwing maniac right now, which will inevitably lead to shattered ornaments. Call me scrooge, but I am most definitely not in the mood to clean up broken glass. So, I used my colorful felt banner as garland on the 3 ft. tree, I used a cream felt garland on the 2 ft. tree, and I used all of my itty bitty scraps to make a fabric scrap banner for my 4 ft. tree. I think everything looks quite festive and is still very Henry-friendly. I quite like these little trees of ours :)

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

Smart solution! I think I need to convince Luke to coach basketbal. Then his urge to have big trees and too many lights might mellow!