Henry's quilt is completely done. Yeah!!! I actually finished binding it over spring break, but just this week finally got around to stitching on the labels. I am so happy with the way it turned out. I think it's a quilt that will work for Henry both now and in the future.
The back (random pieces of shirt-like fabric that I got for a steal at the Quilter's Haven closing sale):
The quilt labels (I made a label out of the shirts that each grandpa & John donated to the quilt, that way Henry will know whose shirts were whose):
I saved the leftover shirt scraps, so if we have another boy I hope to incorporate those into a 2nd birthday quilt for him too. If we have a girl I'd love to do the same type of thing...but I'm not quite sure how that would look. Using my clothes & the grandmas clothes would be fun...but it would be a bit more challenging than using dress shirts. We'll have to wait and see...both for the gender of the baby, and for what I will do for their eventual quilt :)