5.24.2011

Henry's room (part 4)...

I'm calling this "part 4" of Henry's room because I can't ever call anything I do around the house "finished". There would be no fun in that! So, this is just part 4, there will probably be a part 5 and 6 someday, but for now, part 4 is where we'll stop...for now :)

View from the door (notice the addition of the new playmat. Such a great birthday gift from Henry's friend Megan!)...

I added some map art that I saved from an old calendar and hung it using some pants hangers from ikea. I think I'll start hanging more artwork like this. So fast and easy and a snap to change! I added 2 rolling plastic bins underneath the dresser for more storage. I think I will probably use them to store Henry's clothes until he gets the hang of opening his dresser drawers. We'll see...

I added the curtains (made using this fabric from ikea) and some bunting made out of the leftover solids from Henry's quilt. I felt like this little corner needed some more color and the bunting did the trick (plus, I just really love bunting!)...

Henry's desk, with his birthday photo collage from Aunt Denise...

Henry's bed. And for the record, those ugly bed rails are a huge nuisance when it comes time to make the bed. Dare I say that Henry's bed may be harder to make now than when he was in the crib...

Henry's shelves & old kitchen cabinet...

I added this little microwave cart to the blank spot by the door to help corral Henry's sweatshirts, shoes, hats, baseball gloves, etc. I don't know if I'll leave it here or not, but it's working out fine for now...

All done...or as Henry likes to say, "None!"

2 comments:

Christa Wiens said...

I am totally copying the pants hanger idea!

Laura said...

Love your ideas...especially the hanger one! And yes...I totally agree with the annoyance of the bed rails. Breanna's bed is never made!