5.24.2011

Henry's room (part 4)...

I'm calling this "part 4" of Henry's room because I can't ever call anything I do around the house "finished". There would be no fun in that! So, this is just part 4, there will probably be a part 5 and 6 someday, but for now, part 4 is where we'll stop...for now :)

View from the door (notice the addition of the new playmat. Such a great birthday gift from Henry's friend Megan!)...

I added some map art that I saved from an old calendar and hung it using some pants hangers from ikea. I think I'll start hanging more artwork like this. So fast and easy and a snap to change! I added 2 rolling plastic bins underneath the dresser for more storage. I think I will probably use them to store Henry's clothes until he gets the hang of opening his dresser drawers. We'll see...

I added the curtains (made using this fabric from ikea) and some bunting made out of the leftover solids from Henry's quilt. I felt like this little corner needed some more color and the bunting did the trick (plus, I just really love bunting!)...

Henry's desk, with his birthday photo collage from Aunt Denise...

Henry's bed. And for the record, those ugly bed rails are a huge nuisance when it comes time to make the bed. Dare I say that Henry's bed may be harder to make now than when he was in the crib...

Henry's shelves & old kitchen cabinet...

I added this little microwave cart to the blank spot by the door to help corral Henry's sweatshirts, shoes, hats, baseball gloves, etc. I don't know if I'll leave it here or not, but it's working out fine for now...

All done...or as Henry likes to say, "None!"

2 comments:

Fairytale Pumpkin said...

I am totally copying the pants hanger idea!

Laura Brady said...

Love your ideas...especially the hanger one! And yes...I totally agree with the annoyance of the bed rails. Breanna's bed is never made!