12.20.2011

Week 26...






Week-26 highlights:
  • Charlie is halfway to his first birthday. What?!
  • Charlie is cutting his first tooth. We can feel it, but can't see it yet. Consequently, he's been waking up more than normal in the middle of the night.
  • We started feeding him solid foods a few days ago. He's all over it. So far he's really liking the rice cereal and bananas we've given him.
  • Charlie's third nap, around 4 o'clock-ish, seems to be a thing of the past. He's sleeping long enough in the afternoons that he doesn't really seem to want/need it. We'll see if it comes back or if he's done with it for good. I'd be fine if he did without it. I find that third nap to be sort of awkward with my schedule, but we'll see what happens.
  • LOTS of rolling these days. He's starting to roll as a form of transportation now. He likes to roll and then pivot around on his belly to get to the things he wants. I was so eager to see Henry become mobile, but with Charlie, I find myself with completely opposite feelings. My life is a whole lot easier with only one child on the move...
  • Everything goes in his mouth. Everything.
  • He continues to improve his sitting skills. He looks like such a big boy when he sits!
  • Charlie loves sitting in my ergo carrier. I would be at a complete loss without it. It is the only way I can run errands and get things done around the house. Best piece of baby gear I own!
  • He has his 6-month check-up tomorrow, so I'll have to post some stats when I get them.
  • Charlie's laugh is just about the sweetest thing. We love this boy of ours so much!

No comments: