1.09.2012

Week 29...





29-week highlights:
  • Charlie now has 2 teeth coming in on the bottom. He's definitely teething...fussy, not sleeping all that well (although not horribly either), he's putting everything into his mouth, and he's just generally sort of grouchy if I'm not holding him (certainly not always, but often).
  • He's still napping around 9 and 1.
  • He's waking up in the middle of the night sometime between 1 and 3 and then wakes again around 5:00. At 5:00 I just put him into bed with us, otherwise he wants to stay awake at that time, and I'm not on board with that.
  • While I might be his source of security, Henry is his favorite source of entertainment. He laughs at him all the time. I love this :)
  • Charlie is loving his baby swing on the new swing set. I spent 45 minutes pushing him in it this afternoon.
  • Charlie is starting to try to move from sitting to all fours. Crawling is on the horizon.
  • Charlie isn't the greatest car traveler. It's been taking him quite a bit of time to fall asleep in the car, and unfortunately, when he's not asleep he's screaming. I will be needing to take some trips to Fresno in the coming weeks (Cousin Brooks is due this month!!!) so I hope he gets this car travel thing figured out quickly.
  • Aerobics continues to be a difficult time for Charlie. Our class is right during the middle of his naptime, and I just can't get him to be content for the whole hour that I'm there. He'll usually last in the nursery for 20-30 minutes max, but the rest of the time I have to entertain him. I've tried wearing him in the ergo while I exercise, and that works out decently well, although it's not ideal. I wonder how long this will last?
  • Charlie is now eating rice cereal, bananas, and applesauce. We give him cheerios but he hasn't managed to get any in his mouth yet.
  • John took both boys to the gym for a JV tournament last Saturday. The first of many sports-themed outings for the three of them, I'm sure :)
  • Charlie is still completely wonderful. We love him so much!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

He's a charmer that one. Wearing Charlie during aerobics takes care of your weight training a the same time. = )