9.22.2012

Charlie: 15 months...





15-months highlights:

  • The biggest change this month was that I finally weaned Charlie!  It's been a full week since his last feeding and all is well.  Good news!
  • Naps are going really well right now (which I almost hate to type, lest I jinx myself). I am able to rock Charlie to sleep in the chair in his room after we spend some time looking at books together.  After he falls asleep in my arms, I then transfer him to Henry's bed (since Henry takes his naps on my bed) and he seems content to sleep there.  I was having a hard time transferring him to the crib for naps since he is so heavy, and once he woke up during the transfer, the nap was all over.  Putting him in Henry's bed has revolutionized our nap routine!  He also sleeps with his Paddington Bear and a steady stream of white noise :)
  • Nighttime sleeping is going really well too (who is this Wiebe boy?! ;)  He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and sleeps through the night.  For the past month or so, he's been consistently waking up at 5:00, which is no fun, but the last 3 nights he's slept until at least 5:45, so here's hoping that the later wake up time becomes our new normal :)
  • Charlie is a fantastic eater!  I am not joking when I say that he literally eats almost twice as much as Henry at every meal.  Anything that Henry leaves on his plate, Charlie will finish.  He likes to eat meat, raisins, Grandpa Royce's grapes, bread, fruit, granola, yogurt, smoothies...most anything really.   I fear for our grocery budget once this boy becomes a teenager
  • Charlie LOVES to read books!  His current favorite is a touch and feel book about cats (which infuriates his cat-hating father to no end :)  
  • He is currently interested in animals, sports, and tractors.
  • Charlie is starting to point to things in books when you ask him to find something.
  • This can never be stated enough.  Charlie absolutely adores Henry!  If Henry gets put in timeout, Charlie follows him to his room.  If Henry brings a chair up to the counter in the kitchen, Charlie brings  a chair up to the counter too.  If Henry gets on his swing, Charlie wants to swing too.  And on and on it goes.
  • Charlie loves to carry items around the house: plastic bats & golf clubs, silverware, belts, cups, little people, cars, etc.
  • Charlie can say "mama", "ba" (ball or sports), "boo" (moo-which he says for any animal), and "dah!" (which he usually yells when he's pointing at something)
  • Charlie loves to blow zerbits (is that what you'd call them?) on my tummy.  I am choosing to see this as a compliment :)
  • So much more to say, but I'll stop for now.  Charlie just continues to be a true joy.  We love him to pieces :)

1 comment:

Olive Oyl said...

He looks like such a big boy here! No baby left! What a cutie.