3.23.2013

Painting salt dough eggs...

A few days ago we got together with Toni and Kate for a little salt dough egg painting.  We found the idea, and it was just too cute not to do.  This was my first experience with salt dough and as we were working I kept thinking to myself, Why have I not done this before?!  It was so easy, so relaxing, and so fun!  

The boys got up early with me and helped me put the egg cut outs into the oven.  The only problem with salt dough is that it looks like cookie dough.  Charlie kept trying to eat it and was very upset when I pulled the eggs out of the oven and he could NOT eat them.  Very disappointing...




We did all of our painting out on the patio thanks to the patio table that Denise and Andrew are loaning us for awhile...









Charlie-boy got himself covered in paint...



And here are our completed eggs!  They look so great on my branches in the milk can.  Again, these branches prove themselves as my FAVORITE decorating item in my house.  The uses for them are ENDLESS!

Here is one of Charlie's eggs...

And here is one of Henry's eggs (Why did I even put black out as an option for him?!  Oh well.)...

And here is our Generals easter egg...

This was a great project.  Henry keeps asking when we can paint more eggs, so maybe we will have to try this again for other seasons.  We would highly recommend this!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Thanks for the fun morning! Lets do it again! 4th of July stars could be cute :)