6.29.2007

It has begun!

It's official, I just may have become a bona fide blogger. I say "may" simply because I am not sure how faithful I will be at posting, but none-the-less it has begun!

I anticipate posting about things that interest me. You will find my posts will primarily focus on our many house projects, my decorating ideas (& misshaps), my life in the Big-S, and of course John and our many adventures together.

Just for starters, here are a few pictures of the current state of our house. We just finished remodeling our kitchen and are now working on picking out paint colors and all of that other fun stuff that comes after the hard work is completed.




The before picture is on the left. The after is on the right. Don't get me wrong, the original kitchen was cute with plenty of character (which I loved) but unfortunately for us, it lacked functionality. No dishwasher, no garbage disposal, and no storage on the wall opposite the sink (what you see in the picture on the left is all the storage we had). Now we have storage on three walls rather than just one.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't include a picture of the man that made this all possible:



Of course our dads helped us out a lot too. We couldn't have done it without their expertise. Our moms helped in other ways, mainly providing sustenance for us when we were without die Küche (German for "kitchen" a throwback to our roots).

Who knows where this blog will take us tomorrow...

3 comments:

kelly said...

i LOVE it!!!!! welcome to the world of blogging! i'm looking forward to each and every post, no matter the frequency. talk to you soon!

Mama Gail said...

I like your pictures and comments. Keep 'em coming!

Olive Oyl said...

Jill told me about your blog... Your kitchen is so cute!!! I love the cream cabinets!