8.01.2007

She puts the "Grand" in Grandma...

I think I have two of the most amazing Grandmas in the world. The title is an accurate description of them both, but today my post focuses on my Grandma Net (short for Jeanette because my oldest cousin, Jenny, had difficulty with her entire name when she was a toddler).

My Grandma Net is a fantastic seamstress and quilter. I have decided recently that I would like to learn how to sew. I enjoy admiring beautiful fabrics and with this admiration comes my desire to actually make something from the delightful fibers. So, my grandma has graciously agreed to help me with my textile endeavours. Here are the completed projects.


This pillow, and another one just like it to be completed today, will go on our couch. They match a lighter shade of the same green paint that graces our kitchen walls.

These pillows found a home on our bed. I decided our bedroom was too plain and needed a beautiful pattern to liven it up. These pillows fit the bill.

No comments: