9.16.2007

Glass Doorknobs...

I have a new decorating desire. I want to replace the interior door knobs in my house with antique glass doorknobs. I was inspired to do this after John and I stayed with David and Charis. Charis used antique doorknobs on the interior doors in her house and it looked amazing, so I would like to replicate her idea in my own home. If I used real antiques I would most likely have to replace the actual mechanism inside the knobs so that the doors opened well, but if I went with reproduction doorknobs they would come with new hardware. The two shown below are my favorites...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charis showed me this post and, not that anyone cares, but I was actually the one who had the idea for antique doorknobs. In fact, this is the only decorating decision that I made in the house. Charis reminds me, however, that she was the one who did the ordering. She also wants to add that we think that this is a good idea and encourage you in it. The one drawback has been that one of the old knobs we used has come loose from the metal stem, so that it just turns without opening the door. I am sure you noticed this as it was in the bathroom you used. All to say, another reason reproductions may be the way to go.

Katie said...

Well David, I just never knew you had it in you (maybe that means John has a bit of decorating inside too, assuming you got it from the Penner side). I'm leaning toward reproductions just for the reason you stated. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

It is enough for me to know that my style is an inspiration to you.