3.08.2008

Sewing with Sheila...

Last weekend John and I ventured north. He to watch the valley championship basketball games at Selland Arena and me to hang out with my dear college friend, Sheila (along with Jane, who I was able to spend a short amount of time with). Sheila and I set out to sew a valance for her kitchen window and pillows for her couch. We also managed to cut out fabric to make bedroom drapes. All of the fabric was purchased at the wonderful Quilter's Paradise in Clovis (and, in case you were wondering, it is indeed a paradise...). Sheila had not ventured into sewing before, but lucky for us, she received a Singer sewing machine for Christmas, which made all of our efforts possible. Friends, sewing, & decorating, of course, made for a wonderful weekend.

Sheila at the helm


The pillows
The kitchen valance, up close


The valance in context

No comments: