3.07.2008

Lying in Wait...

So I have this wall in my house that has been a thorn in my side since Day 1. We have a water heater closet on the main wall in our family room. The room was added onto the back of the house by the previous owner, and instead of relocating the water heater, they decided to leave the door as it stood. So now, I have to deal with the decorating ramifications of this decision. I've thought long and hard about this dilemma, and finally, I think I'm ready to tackle the problem. I've decided to hang picture shelves along the wall, and layer a variety of different black frames against the wall. My hope is that this will help camoflauge the oddity. I've purchased the frames and am now trying to pick pictures to fill them. My talented brother-in-law will be a great asset to my efforts. My goal is to finish this project over Spring Break. We'll see how it goes...



The mysterious door

Another view


The pictures lying in wait (notice the yellow post-its, I'm marking each frame with its potential picture and it's orientation-horizontal or vertical)

No comments: