4.13.2008

Flinsa...

...or Russian pancakes, or crepes, or... By whatever name you choose to refer to them, they are a treat like no other. I have foud memories of this thin pancake. I gobbled them up at the MCC Sale where they were cooked by Denise's now-grandfather-in-law, Arlie. My mom would make them at home and we would have them with butter, cinnamon & sugar, and syrup. Or, when they were in season, we would eat them with strawberries and homemade whipped cream. Either way, flinsa (as the Fast family likes to call them) have always been a special treat. So...when I drove down Rosedale Hwy. on Friday and picked up a half flat of the sweet red berries, I knew immediately what I would do with them.


flinsa

almost too pretty to eat...almost.


John and his dinner

3 comments:

Barbie said...

Hi Katie,

Justin's wife Barbie here. So I just stopped by your blog and saw your post about your new header. I digiscrap and took your picture and spiffed it up a bit with some digiscrap elements. I'll e-mail it to you if you send me your e-mail address. My junk mail account is
jt58blue@hotmail.com.

Jenny said...

Those look great! I'm jeolous.

Olive Oyl said...

We call them Swedish Pancakes... and they are fabulous. One of my favorite things to make for dinner (or if I have too many eggs left over far too close to their experiation date...). Good thing Mark likes them too, or I may have had to question accepting his marriage proposal.

:)