4.27.2008

Project: Paver Removal

Knowing that our concrete pour is a little over a week away, John and I agreed that we needed to remove the pavers that have served as our pseudo-patio for the last 2 years. We weren't quite sure how long it would take us, but were pleasantly surprised when we accomplished the task in approximately 2 hours. John did ALL of the manual labor, while I provided him with tree branch removal, Dodger Game volume control, water retrieval, and other conveniences of the moral support variety. (I also took pictures, of course). So, here is our yard before, during, and after the removal process. I can't wait for next week!

The weed-infested paver patio



John at the halfway point


The difference between dirt & pavers


5 at a time...


John's annoyed face (I put the camera away for awhile at this point...)


The paver pile on the side of the house...waiting to (hopefully) be reused as a dining patio off of the raised concrete deck.


The broken pavers serving as our wobbly walkway to the garage.


The paint I spilled on the steps last year while I was painting the trim of the house. Boy am I glad that will get covered up!

No comments: