6.30.2008

The Dump...

We finally got rid of the 3, 5 foot glass windows that we took out of our family room last year. We took those along with an old patio railing, a mound of broken pavers, a pile of splintered wood, and a variety of other miscellanea to our city dump. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit impressed with the place. They have a well organized recycling area where we were able to unload all of our items except the glass doors. Overall, a very well organized and helpful place... you should go sometime.

I tried to find someone who could use the old glass doors, but to no avail. After a year I finally resigned myself to finding a home for them at the dump :(

Our stuff


The scrap metal pile. I won't lie, there were some things in there that I kind of wanted. Namely an old metal basket of the office supply variety. But, they frown upon people taking things, so I showed some restraint


John unloading the broken pavers

1 comment:

W.R. Shafter said...

Those pictures bring back some memories. The dump is the tallest mountain for miles and miles. From the top, you can see a long way.