7.28.2008

The Outback Suit...

Many years ago, during our dating years, John and I met one set of our parents (can't remember which one off the top of my head) at Outback Steakhouse for dinner. He and I were driving from different locations so we arrived separately. I assumed that John knew that Outback was a sit-down restaurant that required at least a marginal amount of personal grooming...I was wrong. He showed up wearing this sweat suit:


I was annoyed that he showed up like this as I considered his clothing choice a very small step up from pajamas. We discussed this at length after dinner, and from that point on, this sweat suit has been affectionately referred to as "the outback suit". Alas, it was time to say good-bye to the outback suit today. John has an overabudance of this type of apparel and, when trying to pare down, the black and gray suit just didn't work with the beautiful blue & gold that is in his blood (& of course, his closet). So, outback suit, we bid you adieu. Thanks for the memories.

No comments: