7.23.2009

Henry's First Dodger Game!

Grandpa Royce & Grandma Gail took Henry to his first Dodger game last night...He did well. Things didn't go quite as smoothly as his first trip to the Grizzlies game, but what could we expect on Manny bobblehead night? The game was a sellout and Manny hit a first-pitch pinch hit grandslam home run straight into "Mannywood"... to say the crowd went wild would be a bit of an understatement. Luckily, my mom had Henry in the bathroom (the ONLY semi-quiet place in the stadium) at this time, so he was spared the eruptive cheering.

Henry traveled well and slept all the way home. We even decided against giving him his nightly bath upon our return and simply swaddled him and put him straight to bed. He slept until 5:15 this morning. Pretty good for such a crazy night. I think minor league baseball might be more Henry's speed for awhile, but a major league game every now-and-then would be ok too. Just maybe not on Manny bobblehead night...


On our way (Henry has lots of Dodger gear...we dressed him in his "batting practice" jersey for our drive)




His eyes stayed wide like this throughout the entire game...that full stadium advertising screen had him mesmerized.



Taking in the game with Grandpa Royce





Apparently it's all the rage to make clothing with baseballs on the baby's butt.



With Grandpa Royce & Grandma Gail (mom & Henry both have spit up on their shirts)


Dodgers' record with Henry present: 1 win, 0 losses

6 comments:

Toni said...

Peter told me he saw you guys and cute Henry there! He also mentioned what an exciting game for Henry to have as his first :)

Mama Gail said...

These are great pictures Katie! I'd love to get some copies. I love Henry...

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutiest pictures, I bet your parents are so proud of him. Thanks for sharing

Kelly said...

He has to be the cutest nephew ever. And I'm not biased or anything! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, and he isn't even my nephew

Christa Wiens said...

Levi has tons of Dodger clothes, too, which also got covered in spit-up. Do you really bathe him every night? Can I send my kids your way? :)