11.15.2009

100 years...

We went to the Rosedale Bible Church centennial celebration service today. What a milestone...100 years! There was a marvelously curated display of pictures & memorabilia from the past 100 years. I saw pictures of my grandparents & great-grandparents as well as learned that John's Grandma Donna's grandfather was the second (I believe) pastor there. It's always a treat to catch up with old friends, but the biggest treat of the day was a surprise (at least to me) visit to Bakersfield from my old youth pastor, Brad, & his wife, Gina! Their tenure at RBC spanned my four years of high school so I knew & loved them well. It was so great to catch up with them and meet their 2 daughters. I felt compelled to apologize for some of my high school immaturity, but they were gracious & acted as though they hardly remembered it. Such a special reunion!

No comments: