11.02.2009

Halloween!

Henry was a sailor. His costume was based around the blue and white striped onesie that he already owned (a hand-me-down). Every time I put it on him I thought about how nautical it looked...thus the birth of a costume idea. Shelly & I went to Goodwill last Wednesday, and I was hoping to find something to add to his costume. We browsed around the entire store, and I found nothing, but just as we were walking out, Shelly spotted this blue fisherman's hat on a mannequin...We turned around and I discovered that not only had it never been worn (the tag was still on it) but it was also a mere $.75! Perfect. I made the pants and shoes out of some leftover ikea drapery panels (channeling my very best Sound of Music seamstressing as I worked, of course) and his costume was complete. I liked the way it turned out, and am happy that I spent less than $1 on the whole thing....






We started the Halloween festivities by heading to Grandpa Royce & Grandma Gail's house for some trick-or-treating. Henry didn't get candy, but he did get some new bath toys and a sippy cup :)



After we left my parents we went to Great-Grandma Net's for a visit...

Henry fell asleep while we were there...


Then we went to Great-Grandpa Art & Great Grandma Donna's for a revival of an old Halloween tradition, homemade donuts & carmel corn. I was glad to be a part of the tradition this year! Henry fell asleep on Grandpa Bob while we were there...

After he woke up he and cousin Anna played together. Henry loved all of the color's on Anna's PJ's...


Anna gave Henry a sweet little hug, he wasn't so sure about it though...

But he couldn't stay stoic for long, not on Halloween!

And then, of course, we had to take a Halloween family picture. John wanted me to dress up as a sailor too, so that Henry & I could go as George Michael & Lucille Bluth to MotherBoy (ala Arrested Development)...I did not indulge this wish, obviously.

Overall, we had a great day. Halloween is a wee bit more fun with a child...even if he isn't old enough to know what's going on.

5 comments:

Denise Feil said...

Have I mentioned that I have the cutest nephew on the planet!!! I love the sailor, Katie, and you are the cutest mom! I love you

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest baby, I love his outfit

Colette said...

Very cute, Katie! I love watching Henry growing up in your pics!

JHNickodemus said...

Oooh hes so cute

Jenny said...

I second John's request. Soooo funny! Love Henry's outit.