2.11.2010

Healthy chocolate chip breakfast cookies...

I've been on the lookout for healthy recipes lately. I found this one today and gave it a try. I was impressed. It's just sweet enough to be delicious, yet filled with enough wheat flour & flaxseed to be hearty & healthy (as far as cookies go, at least). I substituted applesauce for the canola oil, used 1/2 cup of mini white chocolate chips instead of 1 cup of semi-sweet, and added 1/2 cup of dried cranberries instead of 1/4 cup. I left out the nuts...John doesn't care for them. Don't get me wrong, these don't compare to their butter & sugar laden cookie counterparts, but for what they are, they are quite good. A guilt-free afternoon snack, dare I say. Give them a try.

And a picture...because, apparently, while I'm snacking on healthy cookies, I allow my son to gnaw on cardboard...

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

Haha this isnt a statement on those "healthy" cookies is it?