11.03.2010

18 months...

Now that October is over, I have finally found the time to post Henry's 18-month update. The pictures are in the front yard rather than the back because we had to replace a sewage line and have a 3-foot deep trench bisecting our back lawn.






18-month highlights:
  • Now that Henry has passed his pennies he is much happier. I didn't realize how malcontent he was prior to this, but after those pennies made their appearance I had my happy boy back.
  • Henry slept horribly this past month due to his pennies (at least that's what I think) so we are working on getting him back to sleeping through the night. We're finally down to one wake-up per night, usually between 3:00 and 4:00, rather than multiple wake-ups at 12:00, 1:00, 3:00, and possibly 4:00 too.
  • Henry takes all of his naps in the stroller. I fought this for a long time, but finally gave in. A 2-3 hour nap in the stroller sure beats a 45-minute nap in the crib.
  • Henry isn't fond of the church nursery these days. He seems to do ok in the CBS nursery and the aerobics nursery though.
  • Henry loves his daddy. Today he woke up from his nap, brought me my phone, opened it, and said "dada" over and over again. Obviously telling me that he wanted access to his dad.
  • Henry loves books. His current favorite is Old McDonald Had a Farm.
  • Henry isn't much of a veggie eater (much to his mother's chagrin). He still likes smoothies, meat, bread, and fruit.
  • John does Henry's bath & bedtime routine every night. Once basketball practice is in full swing these duties will belong to me.
  • Henry's current favorite toys are blocks, dump trucks, books, and outside toys in general.
  • Henry loves all of his grandparents & great-grandparents. When I tell him we are going to visit to them he usually squeals and runs for the door.
  • Henry is making me laugh a lot lately. He's a pretty funny kid.
  • At Henry's 18-month check-up he weighed 27 lbs. 11 oz. (70th percentile) & was 34" long (90th percentile).
  • We love our boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. i love the pushup video! How precious!!
henry is so blessed to have such loving parents. He seems like the sweetest little kid :) I love watching him grow up through your eyes! It seems like just hte other day (I sound like a grandma) that I first found your blog and you were showing off your preggo pics, one month at a time :)