I kept this calendar because it was the last one I made and required some extra piecing due to the fact that I was only planning on making 3 calendars, not 4. Pocket #'s 5 & 19 were pieced so that I could use a dark green print in the calendar and the binding used every last inch of my red polka dot fabric. Because of these things, I decided it was best to keep this one for myself. I think it still looks pretty cute though.
A few additional notes on the calendars:
- Instead of using applique or embroidery to make numbers for the pockets, I took the easy route and printed them off on fabric printer paper and then ironed them onto the pockets. If I was only making 1 calendar I would have used embroidery, but for 4, I knew the printer was my best option.
- I machine quilted each calendar by stitching around each pocket. I really like the way it turned out.
- Each calendar is held up with a dowel on the back and then hung using a piece of ribbon.