4.24.2011

Our garden is in...

We finally put our garden in last week. My brother brought us compost from the farm, and Bob brought us a couple of scoops of dirt from some new land they purchased to help fill our raised beds. After all the dirt was mixed, Henry and I planted our plants (some of which were started from seed with my cousin, Julie). A few things have already died, but I'll either replace them or just pull them out, we'll see. Somehow I planted way more than I had intended (does a family of 4 really need 12 tomato plants?!) but it will be fun to share our vegetables with friends & family when the time comes.

Henry rode on the tractor with Bob to bring the dirt to our house...




Henry wanted the basketball to be put in the wheelbarrow alongside the dirt...





If all goes well, once the baby comes we'll be eating our vegetables from our own garden rather than purchasing them from the store. That should be fun and hopefully help make our life a bit easier during that time :)

No comments: