6.09.2011

Dr. Seuss quilt...

Last week I decided I needed to stop with the house projects. House projects tend to involve John, and after he installed a ceiling fan in Henry's new room (which turned into a huge ordeal thanks to a faulty electrical box and some poorly worded directions) I decided that nothing else needed to be done. Without having house projects to focus on, I knew I needed something to keep myself occupied...something that didn't involve anyone else. That something was this Dr. Seuss quilt...


I've had the fabric for awhile now and decided it was time to turn it into a playmat for Henry and the baby. I used the Dr. Seuss fabric along with leftover solids from Henry's quilt and any dot fabric that I had on hand that matched. I just finished quilting it today, and if the baby doesn't come in the next day or two, I will probably finish it. If I finish this quilt and the baby still hasn't arrived I may just start another one. I'm not one to go very long without a project...hopefully my next project won't be another quilt, but rather the birth of our baby. We'll see.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That is an awesome quilt! I am impressed that you are able to cut and sew and quilt just weeks before baby arrives.

JHNickodemus said...

Ahhh I've been eying that fabric! I hear ya about needing projects!