6.15.2011

Henry's new stool...

For Henry's birthday Grandpa Bob made him a new stepstool. He just finished it last week and we are all loving it! He modeled it after these pottery barn stools and I think he pretty much nailed the design. Grandma Sharon did the painting and I don't think it could have turned out any better. I love having handmade things in our home, they tell stories about what (& who) we love and value, plus they just plain look great. Thanks again Grandpa Bob for all the hard work!



Still no baby...
I met with my doctor yesterday and did an ultrasound and NST. She was very pleased with the health of the baby, the fluid levels in the placenta, and my overall disposition, so she wholeheartedly agreed that there was no need to induce labor until we've reached the 10 day overdue mark (next Monday). She will have me come in on Friday for another ultrasound and NST to ensure that the baby is indeed healthy to go through the weekend, and if so, then we will stick with the original induction date of June 20th. All of this will, of course, be unnecessary if I actually go into labor on my own. I am currently 6cm dilated and 80% effaced. We're all a bit puzzled as to how I've gotten this far without actually having the baby, but we'll ride it out and see what happens.

3 comments:

Olive Oyl said...

Hopefully you will have the baby soon and the induction won't be needed. If not, you are so far along, hopefully very little is needed to get your body going! :) Praying for you and that precious babe of yours. I know how frustrating and exhausting it can be when your body just doesn't want to cooperate!

Hang in there, if nothing else you know that you will be holding your wee babe in less than a week! :)

kelly said...

SO glad the baby is healthy, and holy moly, I can't believe you are so far along! Less work to do when the time comes, I guess! Praying for you.

Me Myself and Yarn said...

you will be ready to push before you even feel any labor pain or contractions! Now thats the way to do it!! :) I keep praying for you and I hope you can have the baby without induction!