6.11.2011

I'm still pregnant...

My doctor was on call today and had me come in to the hospital for an NST (non-stress test). She couldn't do this at my last appointment because apparently insurance only covers NST's after 40 weeks or if there is cause for concern (of which there is none). My doctor is pushing for an induction (for which there is no medical reason...only convenience), I think she thought that by getting me into the birth center today that I'd give in. I didn't. She tells me that induction would be so smooth since I am already 5cm dilated. (I was 5cm dilated when I went in to be induced with Henry too...and my labor and delivery went pretty much the opposite of smoothly). An induction may be on my horizon, but I just don't think that we should make that decision when I am a mere 1 day overdue. So...we continue to wait.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Exciting!!! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl. Good for you to wait a little longer :)

Julie said...

Was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how your appt went. We'll see when this baby wants to come.

Kelly said...

Hurry up baby Wiebe, we want to meet you! I've been praying for him/her to come around on their own and make things easier for Mama!

Colette said...

Katie - we prayed for you in our SS class this morning -- that Baby Wiebe would not need to be enticed! :)

Nancy said...

Praying for a peaceful delivery for you, Katie!